Welcome to San Antonio School for Inquiry and Creativity (SASIC) District
The San Antonio School for Inquiry and Creativity (SASIC) District offers students an opportunity to experience the cutting edge of learning. The District’s elementary school, Monticello Academy, uses a Montessori infused curriculum to enhance learning. SASIC middle and high school students also learn in a non-traditional way, with an opportunity for bringing out creativity through fine arts, digital and graphic media, film, audio, and music. We offer a unique art and science infused curriculum through courses that are taught by working professionals. We have also partnered with several professional companies that give our students the opportunity to have professional hands-on experiences.
SASIC is much more than a school – it is a student’s opportunity to bring their passions to life!"
PhilosophyOur Faculty and Administrators “Watch, Listen, Engage and Reflect” with our students!
- Denise Fritter - Board President
- Gary Ard - Secretary
- Nathan Wiegreffe - Member
- Dr. Tonja D. Nelson - Superintendent
- Shauntia Monroe - Superintendent Admin. Assistant
- Gina Luciano - District Administrator
- Terri Harrold - Director of Monticello Academy
- Margaret Benjamin - Director of SASIC Preparatory Academy M.S.
- Stacy Hodges - Director of SASIC Career Path H.S.
- Buddy Calvo - Coordinator of SASIC Career Paths